Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winkler Brau Alt-Amberger Urhell

This month I'm going to go to reveiw some beers from a local Amberg brewery, Winkler Brauerei.  This brewery actually has two lines(and breweries), a Schlicter line and an Amberger line.  You guessed each brewed in the town they are named after.  I've had some of the Schlicter line and will reveiw more of them after I redeploy.  This month will focus on the Amberberger line.

First up is the Alt-Amberger Urhell.  The name bears a little explaining but it's simple.  Basically it means the Old Amberger Original style Helles beer.  Here's what I thought.

It pours a clear pale gold with a good foamy head and leaves a good amount tracing on the side of the glass.  The aroma is one of hops while the taste is a fine balance of hops and malts.  It finishes crisp and smooth with just a small burst of hops at the end.  This was a really good beer and one could become one of my favorite helles

0 comments:

Post a Comment