Sunday, April 25, 2010

Winkler Dopplebock

I've talked about how all of the little towns have their own breweries and I'm finally getting around to trying the local one, Winkler.  The main brewery is in Amberg, about 20 minutes from here, and I think they have a local brewery in Vilseck-Schlicht.  Here's what I thought about their doppelbock.

The beer was a dark caramel color and had a rich head with the same caramel color.  Taste wise it has a smoky hoppy taste.  Not my favorite doppelbock, but it would do in a pinch.  I was actually disappointed since I really hoped the local brew would be something that would knock my socks off, or be a well kept secret.  No such luck.  Just a pretty decent offering but not something I would seek out if I ever moved out of the local area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment