Sunday, October 31, 2010

Paulaner Oktoberfest bier

I'm back from Afghanistan for a little R&R and one of my regrets is that I missed Oktoberfest.  It didn't fit in with what Shantel and I had in mind for R&R though so it can't be helped.  I did have to listen to several days worth of some of my Soldiers regaling me with their stories from R&R and Okotoberfest before I left though and it made me extremely jealous. 

I did get home just in time though to catch a few of the Oktoberfest beers still on the shelves of the Getranke Marts.  So I had to try one.  The choice was easy since the Paulaner Oktoberfest beer came with a 1 liter glass mug to go with it.  I mean how could I pass that up.  A liter beer and a mug all for 1 Euro.  Here's what I thought of it.

This beer pours with a dark coppery tint and nice fluffy head that lasts about 5 minutes.  In essence it looks exactly like all of the pictures of the beers that those well endowed barmaids are serving to all of the revelers in Munich during Oktoberfest.

The aroma is fine balance between hops and fresh cut grass and the flavor is just as balanced with just a hint of hops and a slightly dry finish.  Most definitely a very drinkable beer.  I've enjoyed the the other Paulaner's I've had and this beer just reinforces that.

If you can't get to Oktoberfest find one of these Paulaner Oktoberfest Beers and a big glass mug and imagine you are sitting in a big tent in Munich.

0 comments:

Post a Comment