Sunday, December 19, 2010

Starting Week 5 of Training

We move into week 5 of Ironman training.  This week.  I've been pretty busy and didn't get anything posted for weeks 3 or 4.  My boss has been on leave and I've been covering down on his duties as well as my own.

Week 3 was almost a wash due to several VIPs visiting us in Zabul.  I had to spend a lot of time working with the Police Chief to get him prepared and to make things went off in a manner that was acceptable to us.  Not real sure how well that went I probably should of just done the workouts I was supposed to do.

Week 4 was a better.  I really started to hitting the Concept C2 rowing machine as my substitute for swimming.  That is a killer exercise and really works my lats and tris as well as getting some cardio.  It also tore my hands to bits but I think I've got the calluses developed now that let me get a good hour to hour and half workout in.

I also weighed in last week.  I've hit a solid 205 at about 22% body fat.  I don't like the Army's tape test for body fat percentage but it gives me something to work off of.  205 is 20lbs over my lowest when I did Ironman 70.3 Kansas and 10lbs over what I weighed when I deployed.  All that carb heavy Afghan food is killing me.  Not too mention the 3lb bags of Hot Tamales candy that Ruder sends and the Christmas Reeses Peanut Butter Trees from Shantel and Mom.  I'm not complaining because I love eating them.  They just aren't good for me.

Week 5 features some changes to the workout plan.  If I get some time I'll post them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment