Saturday, May 22, 2010

35 Mile Bike Ride To Celebrate The End Of Vacation

What a way to come back from vacation, a 35 mile ride on a beautiful spring day here in Germany.  I checked the weather this morning with the sun shining in the windows and was horrified to see that there was a 60% chance of rain showers this afternoon.  So since I'd been promising myself a long bike road both today and tomorrow after gorging myself on gelato, pasta, bruschetta, beer, and wine in Venice I ran out the door and hit the road.  And yes if you were wondering I WAS that bad in Venice, after all I'm going to Afghanistan in a couple of weeks and where can I fsplurge on any of those things in that lovely country.

Here's the data for the ride.  The map at the end shows only a 32 mile loop but I conveniently leave off the start point of my house, so no crazies can find it.

Distance : 34:98mi
Total Time: 2:14:50
AVG Speed: 15.6 mph
Total Calories: 2342
AVG HR: 149 bpm
Max HR: 183bpm

Zone 1 Time: 1:19 Distance: 0 ft
Zone 2 Time: 7:46 Distance: 1.4 mi
Zone 3 Time: 46:29 Distance: 14.7 mi
Zone 4 Time: 1:14:38 Distance: 18.4 mi
Zone 5 Time: 5:48 Distance: 0.8 mi


0 comments:

Post a Comment