Saturday, January 16, 2010

It's Time For A Cold Budweiser From.......

The Czech Republic. I bet you thought I was going to say St. Louis, Missouri. Well there is a Budweis, Czech Republic and there is a brewery there that uses the name Budweiser Budvar for it's beer. There have been lawsuits between them and Anheuser-Busch you can read about the lawsuits and Budweiser Budvar here.




I picked up a six pack of Budweiser Budvar the other day just to give it a try even though I normally don't drink beer that comes out of green bottles. For some reason I'm just not a fan of green bottled beer. I didn't think it was too bad. I'll probably give it a try again and at $4.60 a six pack you can't beat the price.



I tried some of the other German beers they had in the shopette here the other day. A Bock and a Pilsner from the Dinkelacker-Schwaben Brewery in Stuttgart. Both were pretty darn good and they were only a $1.00 for .5 liter. That's cheaper than a 20oz Diet Pepsi.

If you've seen the post on the family blog you saw that I've also indulged in wurst, kraut and a weis bier this weekend. At this rate I'm really going to have to rack up the miles to keep the pounds off.



0 comments:

Post a Comment