Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bear Complex

Oh the weather outside is frosty......but I still got out and went to the gym, despite the 3 inches of snow and the sleet that was coming down as I left. We'll see if I'm still this motivated tomorrow.

I added a few warm up exercises before starting the WOD.

Samson stretch (5 each leg)
Overhead squat (5 reps)
Situps (15 reps)
Pullups (5 reps)
dips (5 reps)

The WOD

5 Rounds, 7 Reps each, where one rep is:

Power Clean
Front Squat
Push Press
Back Squat
Push Press

-Bar cannot be placed on the ground, except between rounds, even to re-grip. Squats must break parallel. It is acceptable to go from the squats to the push press (thruster), but the clean and front squat are separate movements, even if you choose.

OK I started out with 75lbs and while I finished the first round I was pretty sure I wasn't going to make it through the 5 rounds with that weight so I dropped down to 60lbs and managed to complete the rounds, not with ease but still able to complete the full rounds.

75-60-60-60-60 Time: 11:02

Here's a video of the WOD I did today. FYI I'm not too proud to say the chick in the video did more weight than me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment