Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ironman World Championships On TV Today

Check your local NBC station today at 3:30 CT for the Ironman World Championship from Kona. If you are into triathlons or even just sports in general then this is a great inspirational show to watch. Chrissie Wellington won the women's race for the THIRD year in row and set the course record! She is also a great person as well as a stud athlete. I met her at Ironman 70.3 Kansas last year and she was as nice as she could be. The men's race winner was Craig Alexander who won it for the second year in a row one of only 4 men to win it back to back.

I WILL DO Kona someday, probably after I retire from the Army. Right now I'll stick to the 70.3 events and maybe a full Ironman if I can get sufficient training time.

"Some athletes consider a Marathon the ultimate endurance event. Ironmen consider it a cool down!!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment